Home School Agreement
How All Parents Can Help:
1. Ensure that your child attends school regularly and punctually.
2. Give time to your child and discuss the child’s day at school.
3. Read stories, provide books for topics and visit the local library.
4. Support the school’s home reading programme and continue to hear your child read even though they may appear to be fluent.
5. Support the aims of the school and encourage a positive attitude to learning.
6. Inform the school at the earliest opportunity if there are any factors that might affect the child’s learning.
As a parent it is very much hoped that you will want to keep in touch with the school to learn of your child’s progress and to discuss how you and your teacher may best help your child. Towards the end of the Autumn and Spring Terms, you will be invited formally to discuss your child’s progress with the class teacher, but you are most welcome to come to school at any time. Please remember, though, that teachers will often be fully occupied in their classrooms. They may be seen after school by prior arrangement. A written report is sent home at the end of the Summer Term.